Community Forums

Ask questions, find answers, connect with others.

Forums Insights & Support HeartMind – Body Communication Reply To: HeartMind – Body Communication

• Ariel44

February 16, 2021 at 5:48 pm

Hi Beth,

I’m not sure if there’s an answer in my experience for you…I am the same age as you, certainly aware there has been times in my life where I have been disconnected from my body but mostly very connected to it….for me it was my barometer for where I was at emotionally etc…realising at one point I betrayed and abandoned my body, through disowning it, as not me. Cause the pain was too much….growing up in abusive environment.

Being embodied, which has been important to me, has meant less pain for me (though that doesn’t mean no symptoms in integrating)….and my body responds immediately when something is off in a situation, then mind…it also the vessel/vehicle for the sensual experience with life, whether it be a swim in the ocean or food, feeling the wind blowing through, heightened beyond what I would’ve experienced in the past, talk about getting off on life .. ..I’m not sure if it’s helpful… but it’s my experience..????????‍♂️