Community Forums

Ask questions, find answers, connect with others.

Forums Insights & Support HeartMind – Body Communication Reply To: HeartMind – Body Communication

• Lauren

Administrator
    February 16, 2021 at 6:41 pm

A very timely topic Beth, glad you voiced it here. I think ultimately we are all redefining what it means to be in a body as we merge deeper with it, but one thing I can say is that…for me at least…my body’s communication system is very visceral…instinctual even. Not mental, not emotional, but driven by desire ultimately….which we are not always accustomed to acknowledging, accepting, validating, and therefore giving a voice to.

So if I had to answer that question directly I would say that the Heart-mind communicates with the body via IMPULSE…via a strong urge to act…which bypasses the thinking mind and moves the body sensorially via “gut” instinct.

I can look at a single piece of food and hear multiple conflicting messages around it. But I feel so disconnected and having a hard time discerning messages – especially around food!

In this case, it’s is about moving into the desirebody/baser instincts more. Discovering what our body wants is most times about freeing it from the slavery of the mind…often from “education and learned behaviors”…eradicating those multiple conflicting messages (aka, the shoulds) that are dulling down our senses with mixed signals, rerouting our natural inclinations away from the heart and into the head. So yea, I would say re-engaging with your inborn instincts…the way a child would…is what reconnects our Heartmind with the body (gut-brain). My two cents. ????