Community Forums

Ask questions, find answers, connect with others.

Forums Open Forum Your Awakening Story Reply To: Your Awakening Story

• Julie Thompson

January 19, 2022 at 6:20 pm

I love your stories! My awakening was also August 1999. I was working for IBM in the UK and I had spent a week down in London and was too tired to drive back North in the rush hour traffic on Friday night and so I stayed over and decided to do a relaxed drive home on the Saturday (about 4 hours away). I was in Sales at IBM and always had an holistic approach to it. IBM sales school was regarded as the finest in the Industry but events conspired to keep me of it as something seemed to get in the way when I was due on it! I also had this image that I would come out of a sausage machine and loose my individuality! Lol. Something had happened that week. The department I worked for had put together a win back team to go target some accounts they lost and I couldn’t get this out of my mind. I kept thinking about the customers and wondering if they would simply ask: Why did you leave us? I had such a close relationship with my customer. My thoughts wondered on the long drive back and then suddenly – out of nowhere – I heard my own voice in my head say: You are here to put the heart into business. That was it! Now that must have been coded because that thought would not leave me. By March 2000 I had left to set up my own consultancy business and everyone thought I was crazy! Why would you leave IBM they said. I didn’t know what was going to happen but I had never been more sure of anything. A month later my Father died and I was called to Maui (my spiritual home then.) From the time I came back – nothing was ever the same again. My world was taken apart bit by bit – from my life long relationship, to where I lived, there was no part of my life that was not touched and there was no turning back.