Community Forums

Ask questions, find answers, connect with others.

Forums Insights & Support Mind Altering Substances Reply To: Mind Altering Substances

• Nicole Camilleri

November 11, 2022 at 7:45 pm

Your words help me deeply and I send love for what you’ve been through also. This group has so much insight and wisdom. I appreciate with all my heart that you took the time to read and reflect and then share. I, too, believe that the love comes from within and sometimes it is difficult to imagine and allow without going through so much guilt! I love this: ‘Be true to yourself and remember your freedom isn’t contingent upon your mother’s choices.’ I’ve felt so much of my freedom taken away since my father crossed over three years ago. I’ve felt I was the only one to be able to truly help her and it has cost me greatly. So much so that I am now saturated and I cannot even bring myself to want to call her. I’ve never gone this long without talking to her or seeing her and I’ve been so kind to her and gentle. I know she can be so lovely but she has become such a bully and I do believe the alcohol does this to her. Anyway, I told her that in order to see me we must go to some counseling together and she is refusing… the holidays are quickly approaching and I’m sure she’s feeling it, especially since it is the anniversary of my father’s death. But I simply cannot see her under these conditions anymore. A change is necessary. Anyway, THANK YOU so MUCH for taking the time to read and write. Bless YOU for all you have been through! Our journey’s are so touching and enduring but I’m so grateful for this group! Much love to you!!!